Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

Since I have been spending a lot of my time doing baby and toddler things rather than actual cooking, I thought I would share a gift guide of my favorite kid stuff alongside my food related wish list this year. A few we own and love, and the others we dream to.

When searching out children's toys I am drawn to those that are simple, made with natural materials, promote creative play, and are beautiful (at least to me). I know I've chosen well when my children fall in love with them instantly and forever (well, three years and counting..).

“The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things.” Plato

1 - Wooden toy camera from Twig Creative; cheese!
2 - Handmade Wooden Boats by Schoolhouse Electric and Supply Co.; perfect for bath time
3 - Winnie the pooh screen printed pillows from Atsuyo et Akiko; Tigger is little's favorite
4 - Baltic Amber Teething Necklace; parents swear by the natural anti-inflamatory properties of amber for teething. My littlest isn't teething quite yet but when she does, we'll be ready.  
5 - Stockmar beeswax crayons; I might keep these crayons for myself to color..
6 - Home Cozy Home coloring poster by roxy marj; also love the correlating pillow.
7 - *** Wooden Brainbow from Little Sapling Toys; endless fun, ha! got that?
8 - Beeswax birthday candles from Herriott Grace; obviously these aren't for playing with but for birthdays, and other special occasions. They smell wonderful and burn beautifully.
9 - Moulin Roty baking set to go along with..
10 - Camden Rose wooden toy kitchen; because it's important to indoctrinate them while they're young.

I was recently introduced to Kimber, founder of Little Sapling Toys and loved their philosophy behind the beautiful wooden toys they create. She says,"We design modern toys to help young children develop critical thinking, creativity, fine and gross motor skills, and communication. We strive to create safe toys that are personal, with design that appeals to kids and adults. Our line of toys is hand crafted in Sheboygan, WI out of high quality FSC certified hardwoods. We plant a tree for each toy sold."

*** Little Sapling Toys has graciously given my readers a 10% off any order from their shop! Enter the code: DELIGHTFUL10 at checkout for your discount.

Also, Twig Creative has a deal going on over at Brickyard Buffalo for their wooden toy cameras, (not including the stunning zebra wood camera pictured above). Brickyard Buffalo has other great deals on superhero capes, armelle jewelry, and freshly picked moccasins too, among other things.. but only for another day or two.


Friday I am sharing my last gift guide for the holidays, featuring local fare and artistry. Share the Utah love.

Leave a Reply