Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

"The seeds begin abstract as their species,
remote as the name on the sack
they are carried home in: Fayette Seed Company
Corner of Vine and Rose. But the sower
going forth to sow sets foot
into time to come, the seeds falling
on his own place. He has prepared a way
for his life to come to him, if it will.
Like a tree, he has given roots
to the earth, and stands free."

Wendell Berry

I planted seedlings a couple weeks ago. Watermelon, tomatoes, flowers, berries, and lettuce outside. The only thing that has shown any sign of life is the lettuce, which is thriving well enough (meaning it's growing). As for everything else, I guess I will take Emerson's advice and adopt nature's pace with patience. Though with all this waiting I hope those little seeds know, I have big plans for Mother's Day weekend.


  1. Beautiful photos! I can't wait to see how your garden turns out this year. I've struggled for five years to grow one and think this year might be my year off. I've got a few strawberries and chives, but think I might try an indoor herb garden instead.

    1. Thank you Traci! You are wise, I should have taken the year off too but I was determined. My garden did not do so well.. I think it had something to do with having a baby. ;) excited to try again next year though!

  2. I've been wanting to read more Wendell Berry. I heard him in a podcast the other day and was quickly enamored by all of his thoughts. Do you have any recommendations on what to read from him?