- we celebrated a few birthdays this weekend, and had in-n-out twice to celebrate. within three days. we're crazy like that.
- one of those birthdays was an actual birth, and it was the best news I got all weekend.
- I am hearing more and more phrases voiced by my little one, obviously learned from our own dialogue. the latest is "oh crap" and "farted". it's super classy. I am now monitoring my conversations and habitual reactions. I used to think it was kind of funny/cute when she'd make a noise, then announce what it was; now I'm realizing she should probably say "excuse me" instead. we're making the change; slowly but surely.
- who knew ddr was so fun? even when you're over 25, get an "F" every time, and you're in public?
- we watched this movie this weekend, and loved it. so sweet; and made me want to watch the sunset from a tall tree.
- I've been thinking a lot about my grandmother lately. How she smells of peppermint and vinegar, loves bread pudding for dessert, how her infectious laugh always leaves me with a smile, and she gives the most crushing bear hugs, or at least used to.
- I am coming out of a small food rut. February and early March get to me with a lack of inspiration that seem unavoidable. I find myself tied down (and lazy) with regulars and reliables. Gratefully I feel inklings of inspiration awakening my senses and palette again, just like spring to my spirit.
happy random monday.