Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



We spent the the last couple weeks on vacation with family and friends, enjoying California sunshine, tying friendship bracelets with my nieces, running on long roads next to sun and safflower fields, eating yummy food, learning hawaiian vocabulary from my haole sister in law, sitting out front eating popscicles, chasing around a houseful of kids, and enjoying every moment. I didn't document much with a lens, unless you include the mental images I will remember forever.

Every time we come back from vacation, we do a small cleanse. This is an example of a breakfast smoothie we eat to get us back on track, although I think the little one will constantly be asking for otter pops and fruit snacks for the rest of the summer..

I'm okay with that.



green smoothie

3 leaves of kale, stems removed
2 mangoes, flesh only
1 avocado, pitted
1 banana
1 apple, cored
half a cucumber
honey or agave nectar, if needed and measured to taste
juice of 2 limes
a little bit of milk (any kind)
lots of ice

Combine all the ingredients in a blender, puree until smooth. garnish with a sprinkle of chia seeds and a slice of cucumber.

To assure this is served cold, you can refrigerate the ingredients beforehand, or freeze the mangoes, banana and milk (in an ice cube tray).


3 Comments

  1. I have yet to try my first green smoothie but I'm determined to do so before summer's up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a mighty smoothie to me! Wish I could sit down with you and sip on smoothies while hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could really use this smoothie right now. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete