Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



.we played in bed for a little while before starting the day.
.the little one has been marching around singing "i got some deams!"
.we will be picnicking and play-grounding with cousin and seester in law this afternoon.
.I've changed the toddler's clothing three times, as she complained of itchy this and itchy that. It's an effective strategy when you prefer to run around naked (which she is at this very moment).
.husband has lots of homework and things, but it's alright because date night is tomorrow.
.we have leftovers for dinner.
.I am planning a girls night out (maybe just a me out) to hear some lovely ladies sing.
.I am counting down the days (almost one hand left) until the big race. eep!
.we plan to soak up as much sun as we can; parkside, poolside, every side. 
.I am choosing to be happy (see #5).


hope your weekend is a happy one too.



I shared a super easy recipe for turtles with you a couple years ago (almost to the day!) using rolos and pretzels. Since eliminating dairy it has been much harder to rely on anything store bought, especially since so many chocolate candies have milk in them. This version is just as delicious, and uses things that I am more likely to have on hand; whole pecans, homemade caramels (made months ago and stored in the freezer), and ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (which are milk free).

homemade turtles

whole pecans
a few caramels
a handful of chocolate chips
shredded coconut

In separate bowls, melt the caramel and chocolate chips in the microwave.
Align the pecan halves in a cross shape.
Spoon a dallop of caramel onto the center of the pecan cross, then a dallop of melted chocolate.
Sprinkle a few coconut shards on top, refrigerate or freeze until set.

enjoy!

notes:
try using store bought caramels to save time or if you don’t have any on hand.
Instead of coconut, try other toppings like candy sprinkles, chopped nuts or a pinch of fleur de sel.


One Comment

  1. have a fabulous weekend. I am hoping to catch some sun too! These turtles look yummy!

    ReplyDelete