Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



How typical is it that the day after writing you about how productive and motivated I have been, I have an incredibly lazy day? There is truth to the saying "opposition in all things".

Can I tell you about another time I was lazy? Or rather I just didn't prepare well, and regretted it. The babe was invited to a birthday party, and I forgot about it until 10 minutes after it started. We ran over, (luckily they hadn't started yet). The party started with balloon chasing and children squealing, then peaked with a song and cupcakes. Every kid was given a chocolate pudding cupcake, except for my little one. She was looking at the kids sitting around her, waiting for her own morsel of birthday fun but didn't get one. Can you imagine how I felt? Gratefully, the party planner knew of her allergy (even called me a few days before) planned accordingly, and the little one was content to nibble on jell-o jigglers and pitas dipped in homemade hummus, although I think she liked the jigglers best. I vowed never to let that happen again, and now I have a plan. I'm sharing that plan with you today, and I hope it will help ease your allergenic life a bit.


have a wonderful (and maybe lazy) weekend friends.
and if you're off to a party, I hope you so excited.

I've decided to always have a few cupcakes on hand in the freezer, so whenever my little girl has a birthday party to attend, we can pull on out day of the party, let it thaw, then whip up enough frosting to cover that one cupcake, and send it along in her cupacake holder. brilliant right? I also finally tried that chocolate cake recipe in its original form. delish. Here I've halved it and altered the directions for cupcakes. It would be super easy to half it one more time if you only want to make 6 cupcakes.


funny fudge cake cupcakes
makes 1 dozen

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup natural cane sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup cold water
1/2 cup olive, canola, nut oil
1/2 Tablespoon (1 1/2 tsp) apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Sift the dry ingredients. In a measuring cup, mix the wet ingredients. Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Spoon into a pan lined with cupcake holders. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Allow to fully cool, then wrap each cupcake in plastic wrap and store in a large freezer bag in the freezer. When you have a party, remove one cupcake from the freezer the day of the party, allow to thaw, spoon one serving of cocoa buttercream frosting on top, then have a ball.


One Comment

  1. Jenny! I love your posts. Especially when they reference bad, nay I say HORRIBLE pop songs. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete