Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

preeeeeeeeetty much this sandwich is my favorite spring throw together lunch/light dinner, especially when I already have caramelized onions on hand. If not, it has the potential to take an hour or so. It also has the potential to knock your socks off. so there. equal.

a few lovely moments from our week.

saw. quite a few acts of kindness. I like when I get to witness moments like that.
heard. thunder. i love thunderstorms.
smelled. damp earth after said thunderstorm. i love damp earth smell.
tasted. sweat. i know it's actually really gross, but it's strangely fulfilling because it means that after this week, I am 11.5 miles closer to my big goal.
felt. damp, loose soil. I planted some cold weather plants earlier this week. Okay I should just say plant. It was lettuce. I also gave a few herbs a new earthy home but I doubt they will show up until June, but that's okay. I don't have many expectations this year. Do you know how amazing it was to play in our little dirt box again? I was in a squat, keeping my eye on the babe, loosening and mixing the soil, and daydreaming the possibilities all at once. I loved it. Jane did too, although I think she really just loves playing with rocks.
danced. after a run when I was warm and limber. I love when I can move, I mean really move.
cannot wait for. book group, bijou, and yum cha!

roasted asparagus sandwiches and how to caramelize onions on zupas today.

wishing you a wonderful weekend doing things you're excited about.

One Comment

  1. yay on running! i ran outside for the first time, was distracted by the blooms and the bloody hill i had to haul up. it was not pretty. but it had to be done. we are such running warriors, you & i! :)

    happy weekend.