Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

Before I began my quest for the best chocolate birthday cake, I would request one specific dessert for my birthday; strawberry shortcake. It actually didn't matter what the cake part was, sometimes it was angel food cake, other years it was pound cake, and still others we had it with shortbread, which has no immediate connotation of cake at all. But regardless of what sweet crumb we had to sop what was layered on top, it always included the early fresh strawberries of spring, lots of sweetened cream (never the fakey stuff) and a special song to set the mood.

Even though I made my own chocolate cake this year, I couldn't forget my favorite spring dessert. I'm sharing it with you this weekend, in case you're looking for something sweet to share; aren't we always?

honey lemon pound cake with fresh strawberries recipe at zupas

wishing you a lovely, and official, spring (or autumn) weekend.


  1. My kind of dessert and perfect for spring!

  2. Spring?? It seems to be hibernating. But you can always have a good strawberry shortcake!!