Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

I am constantly amazed at the strength and generosity of the blogging community. henry + lucia at utterly engaged and lydia at ever ours created for japan with love, a fundraising site donating to shelterbox USA, a charity that, as the fundraising website states:

provides emergency shelter and lifesaving supplies for families around the world who are affected by disasters at the time when they need it the most. Each large green ShelterBox is tailored to a disaster but typically contains a disaster relief tent for an extended family, blankets, water storage and purification equipment, cooking utensils, a stove, a basic tool kit, a children’s activity pack and other vital items. A whole box costs $1,000 (US), so we're hoping to raise enough to send 5 boxes.

The wonderful thing is, they've exceeded their goal and as of now have enough to send 16 boxes. Shows you the power of hearts knit together, doesn't it? DONATE HERE

I will also be joining in the bloggers day of silence tomorrow, feel free to join in if you like. Because I am signing off early, I'm sending you my well weekend wishes today. My post for zupas will be up tomorrow (scheduled by necessity), and shares things that are in season right now. Then all tomorrow I will be spending time with loved ones, promoting for japan with love as often as I can, and living my life well, because it's the best thing to do when you can't possibly do anything else to help.

wishing you a lucky and very happy weekend.


  1. Cool! Hey I sent my address to see your blog but still can't. If you don't want me to see that's fine. Otherwise please add me to the viewers!

  2. Just donated and just wrote a post. Will be participating in the Blogger's Day of Silence as well. Thank you for the heads up!