Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




What kind of food storage do you use? We use glass containers for most leftovers, sometimes the tableware it was served in with some plastic wrap on top, plastic zipper bags and freezer paper for the frozen goods, and plastic and wax paper baggies to store other dry items like sandwiches, snacks, etc. I have been interested in the abeego wraps, "natural, reusable, eco-conscious food storage created with hemp/cotton fabric infused with a blend of beeswax and plant extracts". I love that they are fabric, they're completely natural, obviously reusable, they can be used for just about anything dry and cool, and I bet they smell great. I have seen a diy version to make your own but wonder if it would have the same longevity.

It would fun, opening a lunch box and all your food is wrapped in small packages tied with string. But then I think about little ones so easily forgetting +/or losing them at school (hypothetical at this point, I still have at least 4 years), combine that with the price and I begin to rethink my greener choice.

Do you use "earth friendly" food storage? Do you use abeego wraps? Or are you still using ye ol' sammy bags like us?


One Comment

  1. I just bought some reusable fabric sandwich bags off of Etsy and they're just okay. The only thing I've noticed is that they're not airfresh - meaning my carrots dry out, crackers go stale, etc. But I like being eco friendly so hmm.

    ReplyDelete