Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



Apparently my excitement of the coming of spring post was premature. This morning we awoke to about 6 inches of powdery white conclusive evidence to frame me as a liar. But by this afternoon it had melted significantly, so my observations still stand. Because it was wet, and heavy, and obviously melting (even at 9 am), I dressed wayne up in all her snow gear to tromp around the snowy lawns; she didn't last long. I think it might have something to do with her snow gear making her look (and move) like randy from a christmas story. I had to come to her rescue, pulling her up to standing, many times. Sometimes face down, another, face up. Plus, she loves to sip something warm when she comes back in.

Again, I am looking back at the week from the standpoint of some favorite senses.

seeing. a lot less of the computer; we had a super busy real life week.
smelling. lots of consciously inhaled air. it's the best.
hearing. live music. it's been a long time since my ears have been hazy.
tasting. banana avocado chocolate pudding. follow this recipe, just add a banana + decrease agave.
feeling. invigorated (+sore) from progress I've made towards my first big goal of the year.
dancing. early in the morning, before sending dada to work with a kiss + wave at the window.
awaiting. a weekend full of birthdays for special people.
remembering. how to prioritize and re-prioritize again.

what did you notice this week from another perspective?

unseasonal and wrong for today's weather but still delicious blueberry smoothie recipe at zupas today.

happy weekend friends.


4 Comments

  1. "Getting ready to go to school was like getting ready for extended deep-sea diving."

    Oh man, those smoothies look yummy! I have been on a smoothie kick recently and we're definitely going to try this one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! you are also training for the half. good luck sweet girl. i am sore & scared but it is also a big goal for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! you are also training for the half. good luck sweet girl. i am sore & scared but it is also a big goal for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueberry smoothies are amazing. We've been putting spinach and chia seeds into ours to make them more healthy.

    ReplyDelete