Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

I love how everything has an opposite. Opposition creates a balance, which is why it makes sense to eat cool crisp greens, cucumbers, and peaches in the summer, and hearty warm soups filled with luxuriously creamy squash and root vegetables paired with warming spices in the winter. There's even a science to it all, but we won't get into that. Let's just say that eating seasonally isn't simply delicious, but a necessity. Balance is essential for a happy life, and who doesn't want to be happier?

A few things I love about the opposition in winter is that to offset the brash and almost hostile weather, we have things that are delicate and comforting to balance it out. Like melt on your fingertip snowflakes, softly knit scarves/gloves/everything, creamy and warming soups, flirtatiously sweet pears, cuddles, holding hands, sharing a blanket, sharing a mug.

what do you like about winter?

a few things for your weekend:

learn a few quirky things about pears and bake some molasses pear bread, recipe on zupas today.

go to brunch at communal, then come or tune in to our seasonal foods class at Jacob's Cove Farm tomorrow!

pop some corn, grab an extra large blanket (or a small one to induce immediate cuddles), and watch an epic movie (or if you're like us, a tele series).

above all, have a lovely and harmonious weekend.


  1. I love my winters. We have been snuggling lately, it is kinda cold!

  2. Blanace unless you are pregnant and only want summer/spring fuit and veggies, and not soup. Ick. But now I'm hungry. I guess there is opposition in all things. :)

  3. looks amazing! I love breads with big chunks of fruit in them. I am posting a pear focaccia soon and I will link back to this post as another pear recipe. Hope you had a good weekend!!

  4. Winter loves = hot chocolate, popcorn topped with nutritional yeast and dill (try it!), thermal tops, cozy hats and skiing. Lots of skiing. Also, lots of soup. I could seriously eat soup every day during the winter.