Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

Even though it is raining outside (where's the snow?!) today feels quite christmas-y. It may be because students in our small college town are preparing for final exams, and will soon be venturing home for the holidays, or maybe it's because Christmas parties are being held and people are really beginning to celebrate. I think it also has to do with the seemingly-dusted-with-snow candied peels that are garnishing our kitchen table. But it's more likely the organized mess of dishes in the sink that remind me of the holidays.

Our home is already decorated, our tree(s) up and alight, music heralding the season, and goods being baked far too often not often enough. This weekend we will attend a couple parties, bake more christmas cake, and I will find the time to put together a few more gifts, the type that will be used in the kitchens of those I love, (sorry to spoil it!). A few of the same gifts that Melissa and I will be sharing with you, live, from jacob's cove farm. I hope you will join us!

recipe for candied citrus peel at zupas today

p.s. enter to win a spot at our class this saturday, leave a comment on facebook!


  1. I am going to have to try your recipe. I tried to do candied orange peel once, and it didn't quite work. But this looks beautiful!

  2. Nice! Happy holidays to everyone!