Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

How was your weekend? I'm pretty sure there were about 10 different kinds of pie at our thanksgiving feast, one being the cream cheesecake that I thought my mother was going to forego for simplicity's sake. She reprimanded herself and made it anyway because she realized it's the beacon of our family's thanksgiving meal, next to the cranberry jello.

After we had relaxed a bit from our hearty meal we bundled up, leaving the dishes unclean, and went to a nearby hill where we went night sledding, everyone except my brother and his sleeping babe. Considering it was barely above zero degrees, yes zero, we lasted about a half hour; we're rockstars.

The next day was filled with shopping, movie watching, visiting with old friends and nibbling on leftovers and pie throughout the day. Before we headed home we stopped by Temple Square to see the lights, is it just me or does it seem like they do less each year?

Saturday we pulled out the Christmas decor, set up half of what we have accrued over the last five years and gave the other half to our local thrift store all the while singing along the rat pack, ella, and nat. We ate a few more bites of cold pie and sipped some hot cider before bedtime. It was a lovely weekend, and I am excited for the next few weeks as we prepare for Christmas. how was your holiday? do you still have leftovers?

check out this list of some of our favorite cookies to get you baking! don't you love this time of year, despite the cold?

this is less of a recipe and more of a smorgasbord of what you have leftover.

our favorite leftover thanksgiving sandwich
cold turkey
cranberry jello
stoneground mustard
cream cheese or other mild soft cheese
pumpkin biscuit
sprouts or winter lettuce

On a biscuit smear a bit of cream cheese, mustard and cranberries. Add turkey and sprouts. Enjoy!

if you prefer, you can heat up the turkey, it doesn't have to be cold.
instead of a biscuit, dinner rolls, sandwich bread or croissants would be lovely.
try it with dijon or honey mustard.


  1. this sandwich looks beautiful and sounds super tasty. I really need to make some of your pumpkin biscuits!

  2. Oh my goodness, I want to eat that soo badly!-minus the cream cheese of course :)