Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

This past weekend, we were without internet connection, so I couldn't wish you well. It felt like Thanksgiving because I was up late prepping Thanksgiving dishes to teach at our seasonal foods class. It was a wonderful class, and the food was perfect for a stormy afternoon. It began with warm winds and dark grey clouds during which we ate some delicious Thanksgiving sides, then in the evening it ended with a dusting of light up the night sky snow.

On friday, the babe and I visited the bijou market, then the antique store next door to it, and are now (just about) finished with our christmas shopping. My sister came over saturday, tagging along to the class and then volunteering to guard the house + home while the babe slept and husband + I experienced the magic of Harry Potter 7, fantastical. Sunday was dark and cozy, and I spent a lot of time thinking about how blessed we are and very little to no time cooking. Now, it is monday; and I finally have my food assignments for Thanksgiving, which is in less than a handful of days. what? Even though I've been looking forward to it, I feel like it snuck up in the night. anyone else?

a few more things::

there is a new events page where I will share dates and info about classes that Melissa and I will be teaching as well as other local and real food events that might be happening nearby.

the week's end zupas post about persimmons and some lovely recipes using them.

and in case you haven't heard, thanksgiving is this week.

do you have your food assignment yet?

One Comment

  1. Hope your class went well! Wish I could have been there!!