Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



I feel as though the end of the year is a vortex of shrinking time. The days become shorter as we quite literally lose our minutes. I don't think I've ever been excited about losing that hour when daylight savings ends. There are so many things I could have done in that time, even if I can't think of anything at the moment.

It doesn't help that autumn in utah seems to last for a week, until presumptuous winter demands all the attention. Around our home things have been a bit unsettled with guests, gatherings, and a clingy toddler. I have been unfaithful in staying up to date with the challenges of the kitchen cure, but I am slowly and surely making progress. I finished the first challenge: cleaning out my refrigerator/freezer and pantry - love it! I was even opening the freezer to admire the order. Pictures to come! someday.. Even though I'm a bit behind, I will finish before Thanksgiving. Maybe it will become a yearly to do before the holidays. There is something inspiring about a clean and orderly kitchen.

How has your week been? crazy fast too? can you believe it's november?


I can't really remember where I got this recipe, but it's pretty much everywhere. It's what we made instead of our go-to caramel corn recipe for halloween.

stovetop kettle corn

a spoonful of coconut oil to cover the bottom of your pan
2 - 4 Tablespoons natural cane sugar
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
pinch of sea salt
kettle with a lid

In the pot - uncovered, heat the oil until it "shimmers". Add the kernels and stir them around a bit to cover evenly with the oil. When they begin to sizzle and the oil is bubbling around them add the sugar and stir again to evenly coat. After a minute or two more of sizzle-ing, cover with the lid and grab your hot pads.

Let the corn pop, lifting and shaking around the kettle every so often to readjust and bring the unpopped kernels to the bottom of the pot. Be sure to hold that lid on tight! When the pops have a second or two between them, take the kettle off the heat, uncover, and carefully pour out the popped corn into a bowl. Sprinkle a little sea salt, and enjoy.

note: Instead of using cane sugar, try drizzling a little agave over the popcorn after it has popped.


One Comment

  1. Mmmm...I make this recipe all the time and LOVE it! So good, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete