Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

What a wonderful week this has been, my favorite thus far. It's quite possible that we had soup every night this week. One was smooth, another was noodle-y, there were some that tasted like leftovers (because they were), and yesterday's was thick and chunky, and I think husband's favorite. I laughed at husband's comment before leaving for work one morning, he said the babe and I were so lucky to be able to stay home and play with such magical weather outside. We both stayed in our pj's until late afternoon, there was a lot of snuggling and out-the-window watching going on. It has infected everyone, autumn does this to people.

So far this weekend I have baked a lot of goodies, some for a book club gathering (my first ever) and others for the groundbreaking for Jacob's Cove's new farmland in Midway, Utah. If you are in the area this morning, come join us. There will be delicious food (some apple molasses cookies included), and so much to learn and see as they celebrate this exciting new step in utah's real food movement.

I will also probably make the eggplant and summer squash gratin pictured above, because I picked up a number of beautiful squash from my parent's home the other day, and it's one of our favorite meals. Do you still have summer squash after this magical (and chilly) week?

have a wonderful weekend, what's left of it.


  1. I need to get out and do more with my kids. I would love to go to the groundbreaking today if only we didn't have other family plans (and a couple snotty-nosed kids). Soup every day this week sounds yummy!

  2. You actually make me wish I lived in Utah!!! How fun would that be to go there and be surrounded by all that good food. And I love that you had a soup week. Fantastic!

  3. Soooo glad I'm not the only one who has gone with soup the last week. thanks for posting and thanks for the recipe!!

  4. emily - i hope the kids are feeling better! maybe they need some of my tomato soup...

    tiffany - visit soon!

    traci - isn't soup the best? nothing better on a blustery day. you're welcome!


  5. apple molasses cookies. will you be sharing this recipe?