Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



When I walk out and see the dotting of red orange and yellow hues in our nearest mountains, I can't deny it any longer; summer is indeed coming to an end. Usually, I can't wait for the cooler temperatures, evening meals of hearty soup and sleeping with an extra layer of down, but this year I am having a hard time saying good-bye to the warm sunny days, afternoons in the shade, and all the fresh food. I will probably be putting up a fight for the next few weeks. But as each day loses the appearance of summer, I have accepted the change of season that is obviously all around me, and just in time too because around these parts autumn doesn't last near as long as I ever want it to.

check out this maple pastry crust recipe i've been using all summer, then get some oregon blueberries to make a fresh fruit pie asap, any fresh blueberries will do. don't forget to read my tips on blind baking a pastry crust too.

enjoy whatever season you're in this weekend.


Leave a Reply