Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

I woke up the other morning to a gagillion email messages from people saying I had sent them innuendous emails promoting a certain product; I doubt I really need to go into detail. Gratefully, my brother is a computer whiz kid and immediately knew I had a virus. Luckily I knew just what to do to fix it; I drove my computer up to him a few hours later. He has received many a call from me begging for computer, software and coding advice. This is the same brother who just announced his engagement to an incredible girl, one I am so excited to be related to. He is the same brother who always tweets me when I'm down, sends me pictures of awesome food he is eating without me, and my favorite first born brother ever. thanks broha.

So until I get my brain back, we will have to make do with what we have, an old laptop that I have no clue how to upload photos on. Which is alright because I was hoping for advice from you. What have you been eating for dinner lately? Isn't that the age old question? When the weather changes, my appetite follows suit, I seldom turn on the oven, and only saute when the ac is on. So I figured we could share ideas, because I know I would love some more cool, preferably vegan-esque options to nosh, wouldn't you?

Here's what we've been eating lately, and one i can't wait to make.

Melissa's apple corn lettuce wraps - I like adding seasonal ingredients, like last week I added peaches instead of apples. Sometimes we eat this with tortillas, add beans and/or nuts, make it asian-esque with hoisin sauce, and try different things every time.

spring (now summer) rolls - this is our throw together dinner because you can use anything; literally. I also love that I don't have to turn anything on, just use water and chop up some veg. It's a family favorite. p.s. i found another awesome peanut sauce recipe, here.

quinoa salad - love this stuff, especially scooped into a crunchy tortilla chip.

salads with varied greens, lots of beets, red cabbage and almonds with a drizzle of olive oil, squirt of lemon, and sprinkle of salt and pepper. or vinaigrette or pureed fruit.

a variation of this spicy collard green recipe, made with the greens from our csa served on thick cuts of baguette.

sammies that resemble this one with whatever we can roast grill or slice; zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, whatever.

Ratatouille - I have been day dreaming about making this since I signed the CSA waiting list and I have been figuring out ways to make it easier and faster. This is yet another reason my oven will get some lovin'.

so what's on your menu?

Leave a Reply