Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



With a hint of blush and fresh blueberries on top, this is my color coordinated (and sweet) contribution to honor the gem of a nation we live in. I love history. This naturally red velvet cake is a homey fourth of july dessert, and a more natural spin on my mother's original; just be sure to keep the ac on while you bake. check out the recipe here.

happy independence day to those in the states! wear those colors proudly, say hello to your family for me, eat a second helping of dessert, and please don't blow yourself up with all that gunpowder. isn't freedom grand?

p.s. today is the first pick up day for our csa; i wonder if there will be beets?


2 Comments

  1. This looks so good! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying this first thing in the morning. Finally a red velvet cake without a whole bottle of red dye #40! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete