Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

How is your summer so far? It's not official for another week and a half but the evidence is everywhere, cool grass between my toes, the first of the season's best produce, angry summer rainstorms, painted toes, bike riders donning sandals, the 'ting' of baseball bats, shouts of neighborhood children playing outside, the dibble of watering lawns, smell of char, sharing watermelon halves, and blooming summer roses beneath the front window. Yep, it's here.

check out my post on the zupas website today, a recipe for pineapple lemonade. It's a sweet little version of the classic and perfect for a summer's day, or evening.

have a lovely, sunny weekend.

We love making lemonade when the weather gets warmer. This version is a sweeter alternative to the classic version I shared with you last year. It’s a bit fancier, and the sort of drink I serve at parties and showers or a summer lunch on the patio (if I only had a patio). It would be perfect for sipping on the back porch with the sun beaming down or at your next barbeque.


pineapple lemonade  
makes about 2 liters
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup water
4 cups ice water or sparkling water
4 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 lemon, cut in half and thinly sliced
1 bunch mint ice cubes

Combine water and sugar in saucepan. Bring to boil until it reaches 200 degrees, about 10 minutes. Let sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to syrup in a pitcher, adding more juice or water to taste. Serve with ice cubes, lemon slices and fresh mint.

- I tend to like my drinks a little watered down, so I add more than the four cups asked for. You may want to start with 3 cups of water and increase until you get to the taste that you prefer. Play with the amounts of the pineapple and lemon juice too, make it your perfect drink.
- we don’t drink alcohol, but I am sure this would be lovely with some added spirits.
- the color is a darker amber because of the raw sugar, if you use granulated sugar it will be a lighter golden color.
- after making the lemonade, let the mint sit in it for a few hours for a lovely mint infused flavor. No need to take the mint out, just serve as it is over ice.

One Comment

  1. Okay, pineapple lemonade sounds simply divine!