Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!


I have a list of things I look for when I go thrifting; here are a few of them. When I stumble upon one of these for a price I can't refuse, I can't wait to take my new found treasure home and start using it. Most of them are related to food, so I figured I could share it in this space.

They may be trash to someone else, but they are treasures to me.

vintage pyrex


milk glass, in every color and every form


antique silverware and table linens

{image
vintage cameras


vintage patterns

older editions of my favorite books

pretty china teacups

I may not be a professional at thrifting/antique shopping, but I definitely love finding good quality things for close to nothing. here a few of my amateur tips.
 - In general prices are not set in stone, there's always room for bargaining although don't be too much of a cheapskate asking for ridiculous discounts on already thrifty prices.
 - befriend one of your thrift store salespeople. If you have a friend working there, more likely than not they can give discounts at the register; double score.
 - Have an idea of what you want to look for before you walk in or else you may be there all day.
 - Or don't have any sort of plan or list, see what you find on the fly although you will likely need to plan more time; which is not really an option for us.


5 Comments

  1. I'll keep my eyes out for your favs when i'm out thrifting. Where do you go? I heard there's a good shop in PG but I haven't made my way over there yet. Love to you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. Love all those things. I especially love that napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a kindred spirit. I love thrift stors and flea markets. There is just something special about "things" that have a story and history. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you picked! We should hit up some antique stores together sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. becky - i wouldn’t mind that one bit.

    ReplyDelete