Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

Let me tell you about my twin. Did you know I have a twin? We are not identical, nor are we fraternal. We share a birthday (she's older by maybe twelve hours) and although we were born to different families, different cultures, and in different states, we are twins nonetheless. We were tomboys together in elementary school, survived and supported each other through those painfully awkward years of middle school, and through high school we flirted, danced, and started the transition from silly girls to even sillier women. Even though through the college years we talked less and less, and only saw each other during spring break and christmas vacation, we would always pick up right where we left off. I would say she is my best friend, but she's not; she's really my sister.

She was married today. Have I mentioned? I love weddings.

It was a day full of happy tears, a day I will remember almost as well as my own wedding day. She married a wonderful man, the kind of man that after fifty years will still look at her with the same tenderness as he did today. The people surrounding us were beloved and old friends, and as you may have guessed, there was food involved. However, it was secondary to the company and the reason we were celebrating.  It wouldn't have really mattered what was served, only that everyone we loved were together sharing in the joy of a new family.

It can't always be about the food.


  1. Congratulations to her. And what a sweet post from you. <3

  2. YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER... for serious.

  3. You're right--it can't always be about the food. Love the post. I too am blessed to have a non-related "sister" or two. :) They're the best!

  4. chills Jen, CHILLS.
    i <3 love stories.