Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



I kind of can't believe that the computer hasn't been on at all for the last week. We've been spending our days outside (when it's not stormy), visiting friends and family, actually reading the books I've borrowed from the library, finally watching the recorded episodes of Martha and Oprah (even if I only made it to the end of one of them), and making a lot of awesome food. I almost don't know how I was doing it all while blogging at the same time. I think everyone should take a break every once in a while, it's most refreshing.

Did you see Alice Waters on Martha this week? Isn't she elegant?  I usually delete episodes right away but this one I kept, and watched it twice. I loved when she showed how to make a vinaigrette, and that he used her fingers. We use a lemon juice vinaigrette-ish sauce on our pasta salads. Thanks to a friend of mine who shared the lemon parmesan dressing with me, it is now our permanent pasta salad dressing. I have a feeling we will be eating this pasta dish, (with its countless variations) man times in the coming months. It's a perfect warmer weather meal, easy to prepare, and delicious with any seasonal vegetable. Check out today's zupas post for the recipe.

p.s. did I mention I started eating dairy again? just parmesan, goat and sheep cheese. jane hasn't shown any sign of reaction to it. happy happy joy joy. (In case you don't know what I'm talking about, read this to catch up.)

happy weekend.


One Comment

  1. Hope you are still having a refreshing time away from the computer for a while. It is a needed break every so often.

    ReplyDelete