Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

i'm back.

can you believe it has been two weeks? I know I have shared a couple notes the past two fridays, but it seems as though I have been gone for quite a while. I must confess we have had internet for the past couple days, but I did very little else than catch up. I've only scratched the surface too.

Today I have written a little tutorial on how to steam rice over at the cafe zupas blog. Rice is eaten quite often in our home, and in my parents home I thinks it's safe to say that it is always available. This tutorial shows you how to do it on the stovetop, something anyone can do if you have rice, water, a pot, and some heat. It's a great way to add whole grains into your diet, and just as easy as those throw together boxes of parboiled and heavily salted rice mixes. Not that we've never used them before. Let's be honest, i'm a foodie, not a food snob.

A few exciting things will be going on in the next little while. Not only will I be providing my continual jabbers here, and here, but I am adding to my repertoire as a monthly contributor here. I will be sharing my limited knowledge in the (surprise) cooking section so be excited for some tasty stuff.

In other news, we are finally off the waiting list for our CSA - now I can't wait for June, we transplanted our seedlings to the great outdoors, my herbs are thriving, our farmer's market started today, and I planted two lilac trees and 4 bushes at my parents' yesterday. I love spring.


  1. So glad to have you back! I've been looking forward to your posts. And congratulations as monthly contributor.

  2. i totally needed to read that post. i've been working with brown rice a lot lately and needed these tips! thanks.

    congrats on being a contributor, i can't wait to check it out!

    ps...just emailed you. :)