Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

There will be two bake sales in Utah this saturday supporting share our strength. There will be one in salt lake city and the other in my backyard (hypothetically) at Shirley J's in Orem. Please come. Buy my cookies; or her cupcakes, or theirs. Baked goods will be for sale, all proceeds will be donated to share our strength, there may also be a few demos in the kitchen (from what i hear), and the conversation will be free and surely fabulous.

For more info, check out Becky Olsen's blog. You can also check out all the other cupcake events happening in the beehive state, or see if your local cupcake shop offers frosting shots.

I will be bringing gluten free apple molasses cookies, halvah bites, and maybe biscotti. I have been having issues with it lately, and can't figure out what is going on. The cookies and halvah bites are vegan and gluten free, but of course you don't need to be a vegan or celiac/allergic to enjoy these delicious treats.

And just in case you won't be able to make it to the bake sale, whether it's because you live in a faraway land, or because you have agoraphobia, I will be sharing the recipes later this week. Aren't I thoughtful?

I do hope you will come out this saturday and support this worthy organization.
see you there!

UPDATE: more info here.


  1. Becky e-mailed me and asked me if I would participate in this and my really pregnant belly and swollen feet had to turn it down. But I do plan on coming by on Saturday at Shirley J's. I am pregnant and a bake sale for me is like herding cattle in for fresh hay. I am so there.

    "It's a bundt, a bundt."

    "A bonk?"

    "A bundt."

    "Oh! It's a kek!"

    That is one of my favorite movies.

  2. I am so excited to meet you! Glad to be a part of the Bake Sale with you.

  3. whitney- yay! we can quote movies and eat cookies together.

    traci- excited to meet you too!