Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




As a child, one of my favorite holiday activities would include driving around the neighborhood at night, admiring houses trimmed with colorful lights while singing along to christmas music on the radio. For the past five years, we have spent the holidays in northern california. I love driving down the streets during the day and seeing trees adorned with mother nature's holiday lights. The trees are everywhere, alight with lemons and oranges making river city glow in the winter. When we left, papa j gave us four bags filled with the golden fruit, and I was happy to bring a little bit of california's winter home with us to the glum winter wonderland we live in. I love to begin peeling an orange by plucking off a stem and leaves. It will be a sad day when the last one is gone.


2 Comments

  1. I love the citrus in winter-- especially oranges and lemons. Lately I've been scarfing crepes with lemon juice and powdered sugar...humina humina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sunshiny and bright! just what you need in the winter.

    ReplyDelete