Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!



the kitchen is a small mess of white, but that's for tomorrow.
I tried out a gluten free cookie recipe sent to me from my cousin, it made the place smell cozy and festive. There's nothing like cookies fresh from the oven on a cold winter's day.

I didn't use blanched almond meal, making them look a little more rustic, and sprinkling some almond meal on top made the snowflake cut out look like it was newly dusted with snow. They were good, very nutty, and not too sweet. They're supposed to be like shortbread, but the first batch turned out like croutons. Lowering the temperature from the original recipe, baking until the edges were lightly browned, and letting cool completely on the baking sheet brought out the shortbread consistency. Although I felt they could be better; maybe I'll play with it a little more.



almond cut out cookies
from debra lynn dadd

1/2 cup almond butter
2 cups almond meal
6 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
pinch of salt

Soften almond butter, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Roll out, cut into shapes, space out on parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle with a pinch of almond meal. Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 10-12 minutes.

small update: Jane's doctor visit was this week and we decided to do a gradual re-introduction of wheat again. Dairy is gone for good, but since I eliminated both wheat & eggs at relatively the same time, I'm reintroducing them. If symptoms flare again I'll first get rid of wheat, then egg with a few months between. Plus she said a few of the symptoms may be from other causes.

I had a celebratory bowl of spaghetti a few hours later.


2 Comments

  1. beautiful presentation jen!
    so sad to hear about the exile of dairy but yay to re-introducing wheat and eggs. good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lan. it does feel reassuring to be able to eat wheat again. and if you have dairy free pointers, send them my way!

    ReplyDelete