Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

This post is mainly just a recipe post, no stories. And I know I said no chocolate for a while, but I can't help it. These cookies are a work in progress. I've been combining two recipes and so far this is what I've got. They're a smaller batch than these, and they're a little sweeter. The dough tastes a little bit like toffee, must be the brown sugar. This is one of the many recipes I've been perfecting over the years.

chocolate chunk cookies
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, broken into chunks

Cream sugars and butter together until fluffy. Add vanilla, then eggs one at a time. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Combine with butter mixture. Add nuts and chocolate chunks. Refrigerate for a couple hours. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes in oven preheated to 375°F. Let sit on baking sheet a few minutes before transferring to wire rack.

Leave a Reply