Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




Thanksgiving is a season of gratitude, so I want to tell you about one seemingly simple thing I am grateful for. Jeanne Wotring was my grandmother's friend in ponca city, oklahoma. I'm not sure how long ago she shared this recipe with my grandmother but it has been a favorite in our family, specifically during the Thanksgiving feast, since before I came to existence. It is something I look forward to every november. My cousin in-law jumped on the assignment of making it this year since he thought it would be incentive for my 86 year old Granny to visit from texas for the holiday. I think her venture also had something to do with my other cousin's wedding the day before (today), but I am glad he's making it because Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without this jell-o salad. And I'm even more grateful that I still get to have some this year. Not an ounce of dairy, wheat or egg.

I've seen this recipe out there before, it's one of those recipes that every family has. Which is proof of its greatness. Not to mention you can whip it up in 10 minutes or less. Unless you're a klutz and have to find something to mess up, like knocking over the jello powder, as I have done on countless occassions.

And of course for those in the states, Happy Thanksgiving.
Have a wonderful holiday, and remember to bring a rubberband for your pant button; and maybe an extra one for the sibling that always forgets.


jeanne wotring's cranberry jello

1-6oz. package strawberry jello
1 cup water
1 pint frozen strawberries in sugar
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)

In a bowl, empty out jello powder. Heat water to boiling and pour over jello, stirring until dissolved. Add strawberries, pineapple, cranberries and walnuts until well incorporated. Refrigerate overnight to set.


One Comment

  1. Okay...so sorry...I am just catching up on your blog. Baby Jane has an allergy?!?! Bummer, such a bummer. Here is the good thing: My niece was sick, sick, SICK and in a lot of physical pain the first 6 years of her life because no one ever thought to try having her not eat wheat. At least they found out Jane's early so she will be healthy and happy right away...no suffering for her!

    ReplyDelete