Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




Have you ever seen/tasted/experienced something that you wanted to recreate? That's what this pie was for me, a bit of an experiment. I went to a gathering and a friend brought a peach cream pie made with fresh peaches. It was yummy and I figured since peach season is almost over I'd make one up of my own for another gathering I attended this past week. It turned out alright, but I hated the crust I made with it, so I'm not even going to mention it; except it was pretty, that's all. The day after I made it Joy the Baker posted this and I think I'll use it next time I make this pie.


The filling was rich, thick, and just enough sweet. I liked it but I think next time I'll make it a little lighter, more whip cream less cream cheese. This is not something I would feed my bestie, she hates white creamy things like sour cream and cream cheese. She even gags when you mention cheesecake. I know, weirdo.



peaches n' creme pie

4 peaches, peeled and sliced
2 Tablespoons agave nectar
2 Tablespoons sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine peach slices, nectar, and sugar in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least a couple hours.

Prepare crust, allow to cool completely.

Whip cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until creamy smooth, set aside.  Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form, add cream cheese mixture stirring until well incorporated and stiff peaks form. Add vanilla.

Pour whip cream mixture into pie crust, leveling with frosting knife or spatula.  Spoon peaches on top, reserving extra juice.

Tips:
-You probably don't even need the agave nectar, although it does develop a nummy peachy taste.
-If you want to make it easier, faster and not from scratch you could use an 8 oz carton of whipped topping instead of the whipping cream and use puff pastry from the frozen food section for the crust. You'd be able to whip this thing up in a jiffy.

The best part about making this pie was my little helper.  Today and tomorrow we're watching the LDS General Conference together, baby j's first time, and will be munching goodies and sipping soup as a little family. Nothing better.


Leave a Reply