Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




My bestie would make this every autumn, usually for the first time around general conference weekend because that's when the weather changes for good here in Utah.  Borderline summer days are a thing of the past, and the days consist of temperatures in the 50s with an occasional storm bringing us into the high 30s.  I made this soup this past weekend, keeping the tradition strong, and when she found out she told me she made it for her little family a few days before.  It's an inaugural soup, calling in the new season; the name helps.


I made pumpkin cardamom rolls to accompany this soup, they were perfect and delicious.  I'll be posting the recipe friday over at the cafe zupas blog. You can serve this soup with cornbread, which is what is recommended - "serve with cornbread, makes a great supper".  If you're not a cornbread fan it's deliciously paired with any type of dinner bread.

autumn soup
from kristin

1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon kitchen boquet sauce
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup potatoes, cubed
1 28 oz. can tomatoes
4 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
pinch dried basil
1 package dry onion soup

Cook and stir meat until brown. Drain fat. Cook and stir in onion until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.

Using a slow cooker: After meat and onions are cooked, combine all ingredients in slow cooker, cook on high for 3-4 hours until boiling, reduce heat to low for at least 1 hour until ready to eat.

I added a couple things like garlic and squash, and I think I'll play with it a little more to get it to where hub loves it.  As of now he really likes it; which means that when he adds sriracha, he loves it.


3 Comments

  1. I am ready for soup season! I love warm, comforting soups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delicious, looks like quite the seasonal soup :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to put more veggies in it too, like corn, green beans, peas....etc :) boy do we enjoy the musical performance afterwards!

    ReplyDelete