Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




For those of you in the states, I hope your holiday is full of family, friends, tradition, and remembering those who helped us attain the freedom we have today. I really do believe Independence Day is on the top of my "favorite holidays" list.

Also please visit my zupas post for the day and make some old fashioned lemonade. I've mixed mine with some home brewed strawberry cordial, yum.




Summertime is here to stay.  For hot summer days there’s nothing more refreshing or nostalgic as an ice cold glass of lemonade.  Each time my husband goes to the neighbors’ to help in the yard he succeeds in walking away belly full with cold lemonade and a few scattered cookies.  Although there are numerous instant lemonade mixes you could use, there’s nothing like freshly squeezed lemonade from {gasp!} real lemons.  It’s easy, delicious, and refreshing.  Be sure to try this to quench your thirst this summer.

old fashioned lemonade
from children’s book - things to make and do 

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 cups water
1/2 - 2/3 cup lemon juice

Bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil, continue boiling for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, adding cold water, lemon juice to taste, and ice cubes.  For an added incorporation of lemons make these super easy citrus ice cubes (using lemons, of course!) to clink around that cold fresh glass.


Leave a Reply