national gummy worm day was wednesday, did you celebrate?
visit my zupas post for the day to make gummy worm pudding cups.
This past Wednesday was national gummi worm day. Did you celebrate? Even if you had no idea that such a silly little holiday existed, these fun pudding cups are a hit with the crowd 3 feet and under; although I’m pretty smitten with them and I’m over 5 foot. No matter your height, age, or maturity level these are fun to make, and even more fun to eat.
Gummy Worm Dirt Cups
sometimes known as: dirt cake
oreo cookies, crushed
gummi worms (we hold a special place in our hearts for the sour ones)
Fill each cup with desired amount of pudding, top with a worm or two, sprinkle some crumbled cookies on top and shock your guests with the deliciousness of an earth friendly dessert!
A few facts about these sugary invertebrates:
- Gummi worms were first made in 1981 in germany.
- They were meant for children to freak out their parents.
- Gummi worms are the most popular gummi candy made today.
- People make movies about gummi worms.
- Gummi worms even have a facebook page. That’s when you know people really love something; they have a following.