Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




apparently very few people liked the soup idea. it's okay, you'll like my next post I'm sure. no one doesn't like a good cookie. but that's my next post, not this one. this one is for the db march challenge. which - did you know the daring bakers got a new website? It's splendid.

The March 2009 challenge is hosted by Mary of Beans and Caviar, Melinda of Melbourne Larder and Enza of Io Da Grande. They have chosen Lasagne of Emilia-Romagna from The Splendid Table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper as the challenge.


I really just wanted to use what we had on hand (because of our desire to cut back on expenses), so my pasta became a garlic and dried herb pasta, and i only used beef for the meats in the lasagne. hub was pretty happy that this lasagne recipe didn't have a teaspoon of ricotta in it, he doesn't like the stuff much.

Hub helped in the noodle making process, he'd brown the veggies and meats while i rolled out one of the pasta rounds; then we'd switch. I love finding a rhythm like that without intention, it was a nice little italian dance. My love was pretty proud of us after it was all done, he felt happy knowing that we had made a lasagne from scratch together. I think it helped it to taste better too.

Maybe we'll make it a tradition to make lasagne from scratch once a year. It would be especially fun when we have children. However more than once is a bit pretentious, for me.

I just want to say I love her version of this month's challenge: madcapcupcake


3 Comments

  1. Mmmm, yours looks delicious. I love your photo. Sounds like you had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic and dried herb pasta sounds fantastic! I am going to try a combination like that the next time I get the urge to make homemade, handrolled pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nod Jen - you rock!

    ReplyDelete