Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

All afternoon the sun has been shining, warming my heart and cold toes. Such a beautiful afternoon calls for beautiful food. So I went to Elaine's Bakery and got a raspberry mousse for after lunch.

nothing like a good book to go with a wonderful little dessert.
I'm taking on Isaiah

It was beautiful and delicious, and I love chatting with the baker there; what a sweet man. He helps me practice my french everytime I visit, I love it. Even if it does get me all flustered because I only understand 20% of what he's saying.


hope you have a wonderful wednesday.


  1. *sigh* So jealous. That looks most o'ici desu ne?!?!

  2. I loooove Eliane's I need to go there soon! That is one beautiful pastry!

  3. Congratulations on expecting! And on being one of the best food blogs in Utah! And on being just generally wonderful. I'm glad you're back and I'll be around more now, too!

  4. Wow, that dessert looks amazing. Gorgeous photographs of it too! Kudos for being one of the top blogs in Utah and congrats on your impending bundle of joy!

  5. Hi! I'm thinking of trying your ma lai gao recipe. I have a question about the eggs, do I need to seperate the yolk and whites and whisk the whites seperately?

  6. thanks everyone! <3
    anony - good question about the eggs. No need to seperate! Make it easy on yourself. just be sure to whisk the eggs just until scrambled before adding the sugar and then whisk until fluffy! hope you like it

  7. oh, and remember to not mix the eggs mixture with the dry ingredients, fold instead.