Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

I'm teaching a Holiday Cookie Baking Class this Saturday (tomorrow) and when I told my brother how nervous I was, after I questioned my reasoning in volunteering myself, these were his words of support.

"Its ok just look them in the eyes. . it has a calming effect. And if you sense they are not pleased with the class start with simple threats or insults like "You dont want to do that" or "I wouldnt do that if i were you" followed by intense glaring . . . make sure to widen the eyes to show you mean business. You could consider slightly tilting the head with the glare . . . this seems to work when i feel nervous about teaching. If those dont work, dont panic, tell everyone you need a potty break and leave. Gather yourself, and return in an hour. By this time they will have screwed up all the cookies and recipes they have and this will make YOU feel better about your cooking abilities . . . o and let me know how all this works out for you k !?? =) i love ya!!!! ♥ ♥"

To be honest, it actually did help me feel better, for a little while. :)
We'll see how it goes!


  1. Okay, it is Sat at 8am! What is this class for? I am sure that you will do AWESOME!

  2. It was at the Bosch Kitchen Center, in Orem. It went well, I was nervous, but prepared well in advance so it wasn't too scary. I didn't glare at anyone or need to use the potty at all.

    You're going to laugh when I tell you what it was for... Holiday Cookies! :D

  3. hehe! You pro cookie maker! That is so exciting...I hope that you will give me a play by play of what you did! O, ps, I am glad you didn't have to use the potty! ha!

  4. LOL -one more reason to regret I never had one! Thanks a lot! I kid.

    Good luck with your class, wish I could be there!

  5. I was going to wish you good luck but i allready read the comment where you say it went well. Great! Hope you can do a post about it!

  6. What a nice brother! I hope the class went well. Can't wait to hear all about it!