Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Closing the Gap these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




This will be the easiest peanut butter cookie recipe you will ever try, I guarantee.
There are only a handful of ingredients and the cookies themselves are so yummy. The cookies themselves tend to be a little crumbly, but they're well worth the small mess that is easily cleaned up by fingers and a tongue. It almost makes it fun, savoring them til' the last crumb. Plus they melt in your mouth. I love that.



These cookies are regularly made in our home. This is one of those staple recipes that I try to make as often as I can, like once a week. heh Okay, maybe not that often. But I make sure to not let my oven, olfactory system, and tummy feel neglected, that's for sure. It may not be made that often, but it's most definitely a crutch recipe. A reliable one I know the masses love and it's perfect for when I don't have a lot of time, and resources.

Incredibly Easy PB Cookies
from somewhere... I think Skippy?

1 cup peanut butter; organic is fabulous
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ c. chocolate chips; optional, of course

Preheat oven to 350°F.


In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients, except chocolate chips, with a wooden spoon. Then when it’s mixed well, add the chocolate chips.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (or tablespoonfuls;) on an ungreased cookie sheet. Don’t flatten them.

Bake for about 9 minutes or until puffed and golden. The cookies will be very soft, cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes; then take cookies from sheets to cool completely.

That's it! Now go make some, you won't be sorry.
I won't tell anyone that you'll make it twice in a day. ;)



I promise I'll get to that book review I mentioned before. I've yet to finish the book, I don't want to write anything until I finish it; but so far so good! I swear Penguin Books will likely never send me another book to review again...

Ooh, and tonight my ward is having a pie bake-off. Until last night I didn't think they were going to make it an actual competition. The pressure's on... Stay tuned for my entry. I'm just hoping that we won't have to bring home leftovers!

Okay, that's all. go. bake. be happy. :)


12 Comments

  1. These are in the oven right now! And I can tell you, they are delicious...okay, so I snuck a little dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this seems easy enough! are they soft or crunchy cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying them Chels. And they're gluten free! :)

    Lan, they are most definitely soft, and velvety when you suck on them. mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum. I've tried a recipe like this before, and they were divine, almost caramelly. Maybe I should revisit the peanut butter cookie again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love peanut butter cookies! i actually had some tonight and i think i might have to whip up my own batch using this recipe tomorrow. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was planning on making some pb cookies soon so i think i'll have to give these a shot. they sound too easy to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm! Can these actually be considered cookies? They sound more like baked peanut butter. Or perhaps Heavenly Baked Peanut Butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will make these ASAP, especially after my last pb cookie disaster. I love pb SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your comment! and your recipes and photos look amazing. i'll have to browse through them a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I found you via Foodgawker and made these immediately. This has to be the easiest most delicious from scratch peanut butter cookie on earth. I made them very small by using a measuring teaspoon leveled off and baked them for 8 minutes. This recipe made 60 cookies that way! Thanks for the fantastic recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! These were lovely :)
    The only alteration I made was to use an egg replacer since I'm allergic to eggs. My family aren't all that keen on peanut butter, but I figure, more for me! Thanks for sharing :)
    PS- I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We make these too, i found the recipe in a mag. It's Skippy :)

    ReplyDelete