Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

IMG_7371 copy

I couldn't wait to post this, so I'm doing it now; minutes before we leave for the BYU foot ball game. Go Cougs! So if you're a commenter between now and the time I get back, I'll know you don't bleed blue. It's okay, I forgive ya. We don't always choose what's best for us. ;)

I got this little package from Lan, over at Angry Asian Creations. I found her blog originally through her Kitchen Doorknobs blog, and fell in love with the simple and delicious meals she makes with Asian flair, and of course her sweet things, yum! What can I say, it's in my blood. I also was smitten with her talent with a crochet hook and yarn. She is talented and makes the most adorable things! We began commenting on each others blogs and after she won a little giveaway I held, we began e-mailing and became fast friends.

Earlier this month she posted about a little thing called "Pay It Forward". I hope she doesn't mind, I cut and pasted the instructions directly from her blog. I only have minutes to spare!

here's how it works:
I agree to send something fun, cute, and nice to the first 3 blog owners who post a comment on this entry. In turn, those three will post this information and pick 3 people they want to send something to and so on. Unfortunately, due to postage costs, I can only pay it forward within the United States. If you are interested in participating, be one of the first 3 blog owners to leave a comment!

You have to promise that you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, and then send something to the first three people who comment on your blog so that this continues. When the first three have commented I will email you a request for your shipping address and I will send out something that I hope will make you smile (and squee with glee;)!

I was delighted to come home today from running errands and found a small parcel in my mailbox. It was a package from Lan. There was a pin cushion, a bracelet (which I'm wearing now) and some homemade soap! I'm amazed, flattered and I'll be donning a smile all day. I hope the BYU game doesn't change that.

Oh, and last night as I was sewing, I couldn't find my pin cushion. What are the odds that she would send one so cute and just when I needed it. :)

Again Lan,

Start commenting so I can start creating! :)


  1. Ah, I love Pay-It-Forwards :)

    I definitely love adding to some blogger love so count me in!

  2. Oh, so cute! I love it..."Pay it forward!" Count me in, what a fun!

  3. Hi Jenny! I'm assuming this is your fun culinary blog but I wasn't 100% positive because no one was listed as an author. Either way i LOVE the photos! So beautiful they make my mouth water! Great blog--I'm so glad you found mine so we can stay in touch!

  4. Jen -
    so glad you liked the parcel! :)


  5. oh, too bad i'm too late to make it in the first 3... that's okay though. Way cute stuff! That's a fun idea!