Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Closing the Gap these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!


wrapped

We had a new neighbor move in about two weeks ago. I've been so absorbed in my own crazy busy little life that I didn't even say hello or welcome her into the neighborhood. Not very neighborly nor kind of me, I know.

Well it only took about a day or so before we figured out that she had a dog, or puppy, or something of a canine nature. We'd hear him barking wildly when we went to the bathroom, and our neighbor was out. She apparently keeps him in the bathroom while she's not home; and he'd rather be somewhere else.

Since I've been so unneighborly, I figured I make her a treat for when I finally introduced myself as well as one for her best friend. Hopefully her buddy will like them.



om nom nom nom

We tested a few by feeding some to the dog across the street who barks and nips at just about everyone. She's not very friendly to many people.

I know you were thinking we tried them ourselves, tempting... I'm sure they wouldn't taste too horrble; go on, do it. I dare you.

Back to the dog, for the past few years I've been trying to get this dog across the street to be nice to me, and maybe remember me instead of barking and nipping at me every time. So far so good, she seems to remember especially when I pick up a stick to play fetch. I think feeding her a few of these biscuits won her over completely. She was a little apprehensive when we walked over this morning, then after we fed her the biscuit her tail was wagging. :) I came back a few hours later and she didn't even bark, she ran to the fence tail a waggin' and when she saw the cookie, I swear her eyes sparkled.


She's so unwilling to trust just any two legged and hairless beast. Look at the suspicion in her eyes.


Well, now she's getting curious.


Wouldn't you say that's love?

Here's what she was so excited about
puppy pleasers

Puppy Pleasers
Makes about a dozen

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon dry milk

1 Tablespoon melted butter
1/ 3 cup milk
1 beef bouillon cube

Dissolve bouillon cube in milk. Combine oatmeal, flour, sugar and butter together. Slowly add the milk until a firm and sticky dough forms. Scrape out the dough onto a floured work space, kneading till the dough stiffens a little. Wrap in saran wrap and chill for an hour.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter or a knife. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and let biscuits cool in oven with the door closed. Store in air tight container for up to two weeks.



If you can guess our canine neighbor's name, I will send you a parcel. It mightn't be food related, but something fun, surely. Here's a hint: If he could talk he would often say "Hey brother!"
Jamie you should get this one quick. btw, your cup-a-cake will get to you at Christmas time. I figure we'll be sending something or see you then anyway. You can wait right? :)
UPDATE: We have a weiner! well, ok winner. see here.
Haven't you heard that joke? What did the hot dog say when he crossed the finish line? Yeah. He was da weiner!

close up

Okay fine... I confess, we tried them. They weren't too bad. The taste was creamy and salty, similar to cheese although super crunchy. I promise I didn't have to do any sort of trick before though. They were just so darn cute. See what I do for you? What a great review for a recipe huh?

My soundtrack: The 29th Summer Olympic Games
Did you see that incredible relay?! Go Lezak. I was proud for those Americans. Watch it here.


6 Comments

  1. Such cute treats! The dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness, these are ADORABLE!

    name = Buster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is his name Desmond?

    Where did you find those cute cookie cutters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! The pooch is going to love them and what a great way to be neighborly!

    Your pics are great! I know you were lamenting only having a point and shoot, but what kind of camera is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, the only name I can think of is Hulk or Hogan...

    What a nice gesture for your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! But more important, great recipe! I am always looking for puppy treats recipes for my dog. Thanks for sharing this one, I'll sure give it a try soon! :)

    ReplyDelete