Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!


so yummy!
For the life of me I can't remember where saw a post of someone who had ventured to try an all spinach smoothie. They even tried it with chard instead and admonished that it was a bad idea, I believe her.

If you know who it was, let me know. I hate not giving props where it's deserved, and boy is it deserved for this! - It was madcapcupcake

I love smoothies. Seriously, if I could only eat one thing forever, it would be smoothies. Of course I'd miss, crave, and probably go through severe withdrawals from baked goods and oatmeal, but I think after a few centuries I'd get over it since you know, I'll be eating only smoothies forever.

AJ and I have smoothies all the time, especially in the summer. We even have them for dinner sometimes, with a side of toast. I remember when I was with my sisters trying to decide what we wanted for dinner on a girls night and I suggested we have smoothies and toast. My oldest younger sister, Bea, was surprised, she'd never heard of anything like it before. Bug, the youngest, on the other hand assured her that "everyone does it". So are you everyone? If you haven't had a smoothie for dinner, you're missing out. Especially if it's a warm summer's night, you've had a big lunch, and you simply want to relax on the back porch watching fireflies instead of put a dinner together.
Hmmm, that sounds like fun. I think I'll do that tonight minus the porch, big lunch and fireflies. Or maybe I'll just have one for breakfast.

Okay anyway, on that mysterious website where I originally saw this "recipe" the cook-y said that when spinach is frappe -ed it has a sweet taste. I didn't believe it, nor did I believe that I hadn't thought of putting spinach in my smoothies before (we've tried many other veggies, but not chard).

It was smashing.

Here's the simple and delicious recipe:

Jolly Green Smoothies
adapted from a mystery blog that I read often, but not often enough to remember... silly girl.

3 cups fresh spinach
1 frozen banana, peeled
1 cup mixed berries
1/4 cup apricot nectar
1/2 cup water
6-10 ice cubes

Throw it in and watch 'er fly!
Or in lay man's terms, put all the ingredients in a blender/smoothie maker (in that order) and pulse on high until smooth; hence the name. Ooh, new wrinkle! :)


Bananas as the sweetener.


But of course I have to add nectar and berries!
I know there's a lot of noise on this photo, but I had to get the berries in with the nanas!

Soundtrack: Recorded episodes of SYTYCD! I haven't picked a favorite yet; I seriously have five!


2 Comments

  1. This is so deliciously healthy - a real vitamin power-pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may very well be the culprit. I take full blame. I did actually drink the collard greens too - although for that one I had to make a bit of a face towards the end of the glass. Spinach on the other hand, delightfully smooth.

    ReplyDelete