Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!


Yesterday was our friend Z's birthday. She's a 20 year old in a now 88 year old body. AJ goes to tend her yard and we visit her often, she's become a dear friend. For a birthday gift, I got her a little package of those Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut chocolates and set them on the counter to take to her before we left for the evening.

After getting ready and doing a bit of blogging, I walked out to the greatroom and saw that one of the little gold paper wrapped chocolates were gone; along with my husband. Yes, I know, very mysterious.

It took me a millisecond to figure out what had happened, given the clues. It was AJ, at the counter, with his sweets-loving palate! I win! Well, I made him explain to Z what had happened to her birthday present when it was taken to her and I think she enjoyed the story just as much as the chocolates! Of course anything AJ does makes her laugh, she's almost as smitten as I am.

It was a typical pie on the window sill kind of mystery solved by yours truly.


I have no idea what this little delicacy is called, but it was yummy. Z gave us a few and I'm pretty sure they were peanut brittle disks dipped in chocolate and then shmooshed together.

Yes, that is a technical gastronomical term, "shmooshed".


Leave a Reply