Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




I left for the grocer after telling Aaron I only needed to pick up cheese and cream for dinner. I came back with broccoli, three types of cheese, green onions, and the cream aforementioned. "I thought you only needed to get two things?" he asked. "Well, yeah I got them, see?" I said without making eye contact.



AJ has never gotten upset with me after seeing some of my food splurges, vanilla beans, artisan bread, etc. However he did get quiet and mumbled something about the three types of cheese I had gotten. Then I got quiet because I had been planning all week on making his favorite dinner, Chicken Parmesana, but now felt bad about those darn slabs of hardened cow milk. I only wanted the best of ingredients, so I had splurged on the (discounted) slabs of cheese, the grated kind and the extra slab of asiago. It's not that I busted our budget or anything, Aaron's just a fiscal masochist of sorts, and for good reason. They don't call us starving students for no reason, although we're far from starving we can probably benefit from foregoing purchases of more expensive cheese. Anyway, after he found out what I was making all that tension flew out the window and he was really excited. He always is, when I make it. I guess there's some truth to the saying, "The fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach" although the anatomy of that is just all wrong.

This recipe is super easy and I've never really used measurements. You don't really need them.
I made two breasts of chicken with the measurements that follow:

2 breasts of chicken, thawed and thinned
1/2 flour
1 egg, beaten
1 c. bread crumbs, Panko are my favorite.
Parmesan cheese, in slices


Mix these with the bread crumbs:
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried
1/4 teaspoon dried savory
2 Tablespoons olive oil

Pound the chicken so it's a little thinner (optional).
Preheat the oven to 375
°F.


Put flour, egg, and crumb mixture in their own shallow pans, or plates.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.


Give the chicken a light coat with the flour, then dip in the egg, and last cover with the crumbs.


Set in the frypan with the oil until browned on both sides.

Put the browned chicken in an oven safe pan and place in oven until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about a half hour.

While the chicken is baking mix together:
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon basil, parsley and thyme
salt and pepper to taste
add any other spice you fancy.


When the chicken is cooked, spoon the tomato mixture on top, about a 1/4 cup.


Then place fresh slices of Parmesan cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese melts, or until your risotto is done and your hubby begins poking at everything trying to get a taste!
And voilĂ , coq au Parmesan!


2 Comments

  1. I tried this recipe last week and promply made it that weekend for my family. Amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it, you are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete