Looking for new posts?


I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!




One of my favorite breakfast foods, toast with ambrosial ricotta.
My sister, Tryn & I stumbled upon this new word, ambrosial. It means delicious. As well as a fruit salad and "food of the gods" in Greek mythology. Anyway, I like expanding my vocabulary. Now you have too, unless of course you already knew what it meant; smarty pants.


Ambrosial Ricotta

1/2 c. Ricotta Cheese
1 T. maple syrup, or to taste (try cinnamon infused)
1 teaspoon brown sugar , or to taste

Combine, spread desired amount on toast. Sprinkle with lil' dash of cinnamon, poppy seeds, et cetera, enjoy.

Other options are to put fruit or your favorite preserves on the toast, then top with the ricotta. Have fun with it and tell me things you did, I'm always up for new things to try!

I often have it simply with maple syrup, but enjoy the soft sweet the brown sugar gives. It depends on how much sweet you like in the morning.

AJ told me the majority of my pictures of the latest posts are all brown. So my next edible adventure will be a colorful one, I hope.


*sorry about the blurry picture....


One Comment