Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

Here are a few cooking/ baking tips I use and figure if it helps one person out ever, it's worth sharing. Feel free to add your own tips along as a comment!
I will subsequently add more as they resurface in my mind, and kitchen.

* When using Crisco or greasing/buttering a pan for a cake or something or other, use a plastic sandwich bag as a little glove to scoop out a dollop of the greasy stuff, wipe it where you need it, then roll the baggie off your hand in toss it in the rubbage bin!

* When baking a chocolate cake add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to the baking soda. The cake will come out moist without any vinegar taste.

* Let bread dough rise in a clean grocery sack instead of with a damp towel on top, saran wrap works too.

* If your cake sticks to the pan, set the pan on a damp towel - the moisture will help release the cake. (haven't tried this one yet, let me know if it works!)

* Before slicing up an onion, let it sit in a freezer for ten minutes (already peeled) and then slice away.
If you want extra protection, wear swimming goggles! haha I read that one and couldn't help but pass it along. I can imagine AJ coming home to me standing there with swimming goggles on, chopping up onions!

Leave a Reply