Looking for new posts?

I've been blogging over at Our Sleeping Flowers these days. Still me, and still delicious, come join me!

So this salad was one of my favorite things we had when I was on tour with the BYU Dancers' Company. After having so many meals of beans and rice a person needs some variety! It was also (if my memory serves me right) the only and first time I had ever tasted eggplant. It's so fresh and surprisingly good since I've only had a negative connotation for eggplant, so maybe that's evidence that I have actually tasted eggplant before. Regardless, it is simple and delicious.

Eggplant Salad (from the Domincan Republic)


3 medium eggplants, cubed

1 large tomato, chopped

1 can sweet corn

3/4 c. green pepper, chopped

3/4 c. yellow pepper, chopped

3/4 c. red pepper, chopped

3/4 c. cilantro, chopped (opt.)

1/4 c. green onion, chopped

1 large red onion, chopped

1/2 c. lime juice

1 c. olive oil

Salt and Pepper

3 Spoons Olive Oil

In a bowl mix the eggplant cubes, 3 spoons of oil, salt & pepper, put into greased baking sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees F for 15 mins.

In a large bowl mix the tomato, peppers, cilantro, red and green onion, and corn with the eggplant.

Whisk lime juice & olive oil, salt & pepper and toss with the salad. Serve cold.


*We used one large-ish eggplant, omitted the corn, the whole pepper of each color, 2 stalks of green onion, added in cucumber, and only used half the red onion. Also for the lime and oil, we used Newman's Own Lime Vinaigrette.

One Comment

  1. Jen, that salad looks so good! I didn't realize till today that you have food on a blog too! I started a community sharing one recently... and I just added your food site to a link list on mine! Yay! Check out the Community Countertop! http://www.community-countertop.com

    Hugs! You rock!